One day last month while going through some of my favorite blog stops I came across the Doll Quilt Swap. Quilters could sign up to make a quilt no smaller than 13x13 and no larger than 24X24. Signs ups were just about over, but I added my name and color choices anyway. It would still be two weeks before I received the name and color preferences for the person I would be making a quilt for. With with the family away on a camping trip that weekend I started and was able to finish a doll quilt TOP. I had just taken a 19th century scrap bag quilt class with Jeana Kimball at the NQA Quilt show in Ohio and I wanted to practice using lots of different fabrics to achieve a scrappy aged look. I used a tea dyed muslin from Marcus brothers for the shoe fly blocks. Wanting the top to look aged I gave the pink fabric a soak in a tan RIT dye bath. I sorted through my fabrics and found almost 50 different browns. I used only 12 in this little quilt, but I have plans for a larger quilt for the other 38 browns. I love the way it turned out. As far as using it for the quilt swap, it was close to my partner's color choices, but I want her quilt to be in the colors she likes. So I will have to make another quilt. I hope she likes it.