Friday, July 20, 2007

The quil I received from the Doll Quilt Swap #2


This morning when Pooh woke up he found me surfing the flickr pictures of the Doll Quilt Swap. I had been watching for one quilt that someone was making in civil war fabrics, but then I noticed that someone else had already received it. My heart sank, but then I came across a quilter in Ireland who was working on a Dear Jane doll quilt for the swap. Hand pieced and hand quilted, and her first hand quilted finished piece at that. The first thing I said to Pooh is "IS SHE CRAZY" followed by "OOOHHH, I hope it's for ME!" I then went off to her blog. She is a quilting mom from Ireland. She has a Dear Jane in her quilt frame. I only dream about having a Dear Jane on the quilt frame. With dreams of a dear jane doll quilt in my head, we started on math and Latin lessons for the day. Our mail box is at the street at the end of a very long gravel drive way, so the only time a mail car comes down is when they have a package. When we saw the mail car come down our gravel drive way we both raced outside. I thought for sure I was going to have a heart attack when I saw the return mailing address. "IRELAND!" It's MINE! We ran back to the house and with hands shaking and my eyes welling up with tears I opened the package and there was not only a doll quilt but civil war fabrics as well. I can't imagine parting with such a sweet quilt. I can't say thank you enough to my swap partner. THANK YOU, CATHI!

No comments: