Monday, February 11, 2008

Knitted Dishcloth Pattern


Materials: 1 skein of cotton yarn
I use Lily's Sugar'n Cream

Needles: Size 6 & 8(only used to cast on and bind off)

With size 8 needle, cast on 35 stitches.

Using the size 6 needle knit two rows and continue with the size 6 needle.

1st pattern row: Knit the first two stitches, (yo, k2tog) across the row,
knit the last stitch.

2nd row: knit
3rd row:knit
4th row: knit

Repeat these four rows until your cloth is the desired length.
I repeat the pattern 16 times.
My cloth finishes to about 8.5" inches on each side before shrinking them in the dryer!


Bind off with size 8 needle.

Weave in loose ends.

Machine wash and dry these cloths to tighten up the cotton.
This prevents the cotton from stretching when it becomes wet.

As long as you cast on an odd number of stitches you can make the cloth any size you'd like.
Use 25 stitches to make child sized cloths.


If you have difficulty working up the cloth, please email and I will help you the best I can.


1 comment:

Lucy said...

This is becoming my next dishcloth! I knitted a lot during my vacation. I like this pattern very much and I will give it a try! Thank you!