Tuesday, July 22, 2008

What I heard from a little bird....

Last summer while at a quilt show in Ohio I took a scrap quilt class from Jeana Kimball. Wanting to capture a bit of the inspiration that had blossomed while in her class, I went home and began pulling browns, double pinks and muslins from my stash. I wanted a quilt that looked like it may have been made many years ago, so I aged the muslin and double pink to soften the look
of the quilt. What I walked away from the sewing machine with three days later was a set of 42 smallish blocks each of a different brown and aged muslin. With a deadline to enter the quilt for judging looming over me I had to hire a machine quilter and skip the hand quilting that I had planned to do.


Today I received word that my quilt is now making it's way back
home from the Fons & Porter office in Iowa. The best part of the news is
that along with the quilt will be a contract for me to sign and return for their
use of my quilt in an upcoming special issue that will hit the stores on December 1.

9 comments:

Catherine said...

Congratulations!! I don't usually buy that magazine but have put a note on my calendar to watch for it in December!! I love that whole brown/double pinks look -- and can't wait to see the quilt!

country log cabin quilter said...

That's excitiing! I love the antique look too!

Linda said...

How exciting for you Christine, congratulations. Should we buy a copy and send it to you for an autograph? Hmm in a few years time it may fetch a goodly sum. *s*

Marilyn R said...

Congratulations! A brown and pink quilt are on my quilts to make list. Can't wait to see the whole quilt in the magazine!

Sew Unique Creations said...

Congratulations! How exciting is that!

Anonymous said...

Congratulations, Christine! That is wonderful news. I'm so proud of you. I can't wait to see your quilt in print.

Hugs,
Lisa from SW Ohio

Judy said...

Oh my pink and brown quilts are so pretty! Can't wait to see it in the magazine, I get that one!! Congrats on making it in a big magazine!

lil said...

wow, what news, I'm so glad for you
unfortunatly I can't buy that magazine overhere, so I have to wait till ........

silversewer said...

Congratulations Christine, I will have to get my friend CArolyn to get the magazine for me and send it.

I have just found your blog, it is so interesting and you make some gorgeous quilts, I wash I was as talented. I do hand quilt, but do not have the room for a frame, I use a hoop.