Saturday, September 20, 2008

A Stitching Hare I Am Not!

When it comes to stitching ... I am a tortoise not a hare.
I enjoy the process of stitching and find it difficult to hurry my work. There is something about a slow repetitive motion of my hands that soothes my soul. I thought I would snap a few more pictures of the embroidery pincushion that I am making for Anne for the Down to Earth pincushion swap. The center rose garden.
.
The corner larkspur garden. The corner lavender garden.
The corner Foxglove garden, which is almost finished. Just a few more French knots to fill in the background and I can move on to the last corner garden.
The last corner garden waiting to be stitched is a daisy garden. I have saved the least difficult garden to stitch for last, leaving only the tiny border of French knot leaves to be stitched. I am hoping to be onto stuffing the pincushion later this weekend and heading into the village to send off the package. Anne has been very patient waiting for her pincushion and I hope she is pleased. Once the package is one it's way I will be getting back to quilt in my frame. I am behind on where I would have like to been on the quilting, but may still be able to catch up and get it to the auction in October. My thimble, needle and thread patiently wait.

9 comments:

Catherine said...

Christine, your embroidery is fabulous! I cannot wait to see the finished item.

Carolien said...

What a BEAUTIFUL stitches you have made on this pincushion!!! Lovelovelove it! Have fun with the last part & have a good weekend,

Carolien

Milah said...

Your work is beautiful!!!

Nadine said...

Oh, MY ! Christine, this is such lovely and delicate work, and so romantic looking too! I'm in awe, my friend, and I know that you made it so heartfully, like everything you do :>)

XOXOXOXOXOXOXO
NADINE

Nadine said...

PS :>)
I LOVE this new header : beautiful hand quilting, with such tiny stitches !

XOXOXOOO
Nadine

Marilyn R said...

You are stitching a piece of art! I am sure the swap partner will be thrilled with it.

Nadine said...

While sewing, I'm listening to your beautiful music, and it's sooooo relaxing and beautiful ! I can imagine you stitching on the precious pincushion, bringing that gorgeous flower garden to life.....

XOXOXOXOXOXO
NADINE

Miri said...

Beautiful embroidery. I also quilt on a frame.

Anonymous said...

Who knows where to download XRumer 5.0 Palladium?
Help, please. All recommend this program to effectively advertise on the Internet, this is the best program!