Thursday, October 16, 2008

I had to go out and see for myself...

After a week of some of the most amazing October weather that I had ever seen the likes of in Ohio, I refused to believe that Fall had arrived. My daughter swam in a pool this week. We ate outside. We are still wearing shorts and sandals, though I have added a flannel shirt and wool socks. Perhaps those who keep telling me that Fall has arrived are right this time.
I tend to be a very black and white person, which means I have to see it to believe it. So I grabbed my camera and here is what I found just this morning. Wood being stacked on the log holder up at the house...check! Trees turning stunning shades or orange, gold and red...check! Pale blonde corn leaves and brittle corn stalks against a threatening sky...check! Feed corn waiting for harvest....check! Wait! What's this I see?! Tenacious flowers clinging to the last glimmer of a summer that was, but is no more...check. So out come the colors of Fall. The warmth of delicious chocolates and a warm cheddar that might easily be thought of as pumpkin. A sweet little kit with a Jo Morton pattern with wee blocks of 2 1/4" Good grief...I hope that is the finished size! Another quilt being pieced for the Home of the Brave Quilt project with 9 patch blocks that were lovingly made and sent from Brown Quilts. Once the cat finishes with her nap, rows will be sashed and borders added.

12 comments:

Milah said...

You have a lovely home with a beautiful view. Love the black cat, looks like mine.
After last nights rain the leaves have started falling, so I would say fall is officailly here.

Carol said...

Thank you for the beautiful fall leaves! I love Fall!

Catherine said...

It's very odd here too -- I know it's fall, the leaves are changing but there are still flowers blooming and it is unbelievably mild for this time of year. My hope is that it is still mild on Hallowe'en so that the kids odn't have to have snowsuits on under their costumes!
Gorgeous pictures of the trees. The fabric looks like chocolate and caramels to me. :-)

ranette said...

Can I come live with you, please???? Your home and the land around it looks so peaceful and inviting and homey, I love it.
Also I'd really like to see those
2 1/4 inch blocks.

Nadine said...

WONDERFUL new header! And those pictures !

ShooFly, huh? I can already bet it'll be goooorgeous ;>)

XOXOXOXOXOXOXO
NADINE

Leaves are turning red here too, and the colors are just beautiful.

Anne said...

I just found your blog and love it. I'm a Jo Morton fan and also Eva Cassidy. Love her music! Pretty pictures of your home and surroundings.

Eileen said...

Beautiful fall photos. Yes.. I don't think we can deny it anymore that it's here.

Mountain Mama said...

I love that God gave us seasons. Fall is a favorite. So many colors, cooler temps, and of course the harvest of summers hard labor. Your pics are beautiful!
ashley

Marilyn R said...

Fall weather has returned here too. I agree - with the temp. is in the high 70's it doesn't seem like Fall at all! Love the photo of the trees. Don't forget to show us the progress on your newest project. I love Jo Morton fabrics!

Beth said...

What a wonderful blog! I am formerly from Ohio but moved to Vermont a year ago. I miss going to Amish Country - I got a lot of quilting inspiration there. Your house is beautiful!

I love the music as well - I am going to have to download her to my ipod.

Come visit my blog if you get a chance.

Karen Dianne Lee said...

Its very important we wait on our cats! Hee!!! :) Love all your pics in this post. I couldn't pick just one...well...except for kitty. :)

As always, love your Blog!

Carolien said...

You live in a beautiful house, I love those porches you have. We don't know them in Holland but they are so nice and friendly to see!

Bye! Carolien