Thursday, November 6, 2008

Indian Summer

"The air is perfectly quiescent and all is stillness, as if Nature, after her exertions during the Summer, were now at rest." Belonging to the writer John Bradbury and written nearly an "eternity" ago, back in 1817, I can think of no better way to describe an amazing week of Indian Summer. So with a loyal friend by my side... in a cozy chair in the warm autumn air... mixed with a bit of woolgathering and chicken watching... a few minutes were spared to finish the first part of stitching for a dear friend who I've never met, and though we are separated by great waters it is by simple threads that our friendship is bound.

6 comments:

Lily Boot said...

My goodness, they look to be the tiniest of stitches! How very beautiful! And so's the chicken - she matches those leaves perfectly.

Carol said...

What an absolutely beautiful post!

Mountain Mama said...

Outstanding colors of fall!! I really like the picture of your chicken.

Our leaves are done showing off their colors. Most of them have fallen off and are now covered in snow. (snow came a little too early for me)
ashley

silversewer said...

What wonderful colours, I love the autumn tints in the trees.....

Anonymous said...

Christine,

You should cross stitch your words from that last sentance "...though we are separated by great waters
it is by simple threads that our friendship is bound." That is the most beautiful sentiment I've read in a long time!

Hugs,
Lisa P. in SW OH

Nadine said...

Oh, My ! How absolutely gorgeous, from Nature, through such very moving words, and such precious, beautiful stitches...
I can't say anything else, but bliss, blissssss. You're an angel .

XOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXO
NADINE