Tuesday, December 30, 2008

words near and dear to me...

“There is in every true woman's heart, a spark of heavenly fire, which lies dormant in the broad daylight of prosperity, but which kindles up and beams and blazes in the dark hour of adversity.”
~Washington Irving
With my husband leaving for Wisconsin to start his new job next Friday, packing, cleaning and preparing my home to be listed with a realtor by Monday and trying to find a new home in Wisconsin while sitting at my computer in Ohio has been leaving me feeling a bit overwhelmed. But when Sarah was struck by a flu bug yesterday morning...while sleeping in her brother's bed...I was humbled by the love, patience, kindness and gentleness with which my son handled the situation and took care of his sister before coming to wake me up. To everyone who has left comments and sent emails, well wishes, good thoughts and prayers... Thank you from the bottom of my heart, they give me strength and comfort.

10 comments:

Kritta22 said...

Oh hoping that your mom gets to come home. that your house sells fast. that you find a wonderful home. that there's space in the nursing home for your mom. that your little munchkin feels better. that you take five minutes for you today!

Milah said...

You forgot to mention you are also house breaking a new dog. Christine, you are in my prayers. I pray the New Year brings you peace, health and happiness.
Take care of yourself.
Hugs!

Linda said...

Continued prayers for strength for you and your mom. I do hope Sarah is better soon, remember, He never gives us more than we can carry.

Catherine said...

Oh, my! You certainly have more than enough on your plate right now. I hope your mother's care at home becomes a reality, your house hunting and house packing go quickly and well. Please remember to take a few minutes out each day for yourself -- even if just to stitch for a moment or two. It may help to give you some peace in the whirlwind.

Carol said...

Oh Christine...Bless your heart...I'm sending you good thoughts...as many as I can send! Take care of yourself.

Nedra said...

I'm sure your mother senses how much you would love to be there with her, and what your current situation is. She has been a mother too and I'm sure understands more than anyone else how complicated life can get. My prayers are with your family.

Terry said...

My thoughts and prayers are with you, especially during this stressful and complicated time.

Nadine said...

That little candle is still burning for you, and though the flame sometimes gets small, its light is strong ... just as you are, my courageous friend.

Love & BBH,
NADINE

Lindsey said...

I can understand your situation as I went through it this year with my mom. Please remember transition is always hard but short term at the same time. I love what one reader said...take time for yourself. Very hard to do but worth the sanity that it brings. Prayers, thought, and encouragement are for you. Lindsey

Meredith said...

Wow Wisconsin. A new adventure. I am so excited for you!