Tuesday, January 20, 2009

and then there were none....

the goats are gone...even the little babies that we've been bottle feeding for the last week. While joking around on a phone call for a snow removal estimate on Friday, I mentioned that I was moving and could only leave for Wisconsin after I sold my goats.....
The woman on the phone told me that her husband, the owner of the company, loves animals and would probably want them...and after plowing the farm lane to get to the barn to see the goats and a quick trip into the house to bottle feed the babies... he came back three days later to take them home in the back of one of his work trucks. HURRAY FOR JAKE!!!!!!!!! OUR FAMILY THANKS YOU FOR GIVING OUR ANIMALS A NEW FARM TO CALL HOME Now we bide our time waiting for my son's hockey season playoffs on February 21 and the finals if they make it on February 28th....after that we will be heading North just as soon as we can make arrangements to have out things packed and moved to the cabin. We are hoping that we can make it up to Wisconsin before all the snow melts so that we can do a bit of snowshoeing on the Ice Age Trail

8 comments:

Nadine said...

GOOD, good, good news !
Isn't that a nice feeling, dear ?
I'm so glad for you all (and for the goats also, of course ! ;>)
BBH XOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXO
NADINE

Catherine said...

You're really making progress! The days are going to fly by!

Kritta22 said...

AWESOME!!!!!!!!

There's a trail after a movie?? I kid.

What about the pups?

Carol said...

What wonderful news for the goats and for you...they'll be happy and you don't have to worry about them.

Judy said...

I'm so glad they found a good home! Shortly you'll be on your way!

BUMBLE BEANS said...

Hey Busy lady! no more kids!
;-)

happy packing.

Eva said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Eva said...

Congratulations to your new home -- not too late, I hope! The style reminds me of scandinavian homes and old Finnland I love so much.