Wednesday, January 28, 2009

I'll Match Your Donation x's TEN!

There is a very sweet, young lady at this blog collecting 9 patches for a worthy cause and I am hoping that you might spare a few minutes out of your month to help her out.
Nothing fancy...
use what you have in your scrap basket or stash,
a light and a dark... or make the entire block scrappy...
I began cutting and sewing strips this afternoon and hope to get them in the mail tomorrow, but you have until the 14th of February to get them to her. I know what your thinking...your busy, have too many projects started, have lots of other things you need to do... believe me SISTER, I hear you...BUSY is my middle name, but we can't have this young lady checking her mailbox hoping to find mail only to be left disheartened by an empty box... Sooooooo...I challenge you with this... for each comment that you leave on this post promising to make even ONE 9 patch to send to her.... I will make TEN blocks to match your donation of ONE block. (It's quite alright if you make more than one) I triple dog dare you!

9 comments:

Lisa said...

OK Christine...count me in! I'm going to get started on a few right now :O) Thanks for posting this info! Lisa

Joyce said...

Christine, what size blocks do you want?

Pam de Groot said...

Hello this is completely not about quilting, (though I do marvel at quilters) I read your comment on Teaching handwork and love your avatar. I am also a teacher of handwork in Australia. Would you have a pattern of the star and would you mind sharing it?

Kritta22 said...

Where do we send them? What are the sizes? Did I miss the whole thing?

Count me in! I'm all for helping a sister out.

Carol said...

I'm in Christine...if you say this is a good thing to do...I'm with you.

BUMBLE BEANS said...

YOU ARE A DOLL! lady, your'e going to be busier than me!

Leslie said...

I'm in too, just want to know size, and where to send. Tx for the op to serve!

lil said...

ok, so I need the size and the adress

Anonymous said...

I'll make one - what size should it be -- and where do I send it?