Thursday, January 1, 2009

to make an end is to make a beginning.....

....to be nibbled slowly for children recovering from a belly bug...
SO hoping that I can weather this storm without becoming a cracker nibbler! go fish and old maid helped to pass the hours...for some of us. And with children feeling crummy enough to stay in bed all day, spare moments offered a chance to be with needle and thread. A peek of the things in my work basket that I have been adding to slowly over time, while tucked in a corner where I can see it with the hopes and wishes of making the first few tentative stitches and beginning the journey it will lead me on. There are days that I have longed to rush in with wild abandon and have it begun but I know that I still have things to learn before I can make a start. And a wee bit of bright yarn ... still wondering whether it is just the touch it will need at the end, but remembering how it made my heart sing when I found the lone ball on the shelf just waiting to be made into a something for someone. And simple thoughts about the new year that lies ahead... For last year's words belong to last year's language. And next year's words await another voice. And to make an end is to make a beginning. T.S. Eliot

1 comment:

Nadine said...

Oh, I'm sooo happy getting news from you, dear! And glad the kids are getting better, and your mother moved to an extended care facility...
Happy new beginning, sweetie, all my very best thoughts to you and your family !
Heartful, friendly BIG BEAR (((HUGS))) !
XOXOXOXOXOXOXO
NADINE