Thursday, March 26, 2009

Thanks Molly!

While busy packing boxes and emptying drawers and cupboards, Molly decided to unravel a bit of carpeting...
my first thought was to grab a pair of scissors and whack off the offending strand and throw a chair on top of the spot...
and then a light bulb went off and I wondered if I could shove the piece back into the seam. I used the measuring stick to find the middle of the strand of carpeting and matched it to the middle of the seam. Starting in the middle of the seam I filled the channel with a serious amount of tacky glue and with the dull point of a knitting needle I began shoving the strand back into the seam fold by fold. The tacky glue will dry clear and will hopefully hold the snag in place at least until we can sell the house.

6 comments:

Nadine said...

Hello, dear ! ;>)
Now isn't that a clever tip, indeed ! You will always surprise me. (BRAVO, miss Molly ! Aaaahem!)

Are you OK with the packing, my friend ???

Thinking of you sooo much !
XOXOXOXOXOXOXO
NADINE

Carol said...

Brilliant! What great, quick thinking!

Judy said...

Excellent repair!

Sheila said...

You are a goddess with this tip. Thanks!

Kritta22 said...

Oh I have soooo done this before! but I used hot glue.

Then we got a malamute and they like to dig...so now we have to replace the whole thing!

Molly....bad dog!

Mountain Mama said...

What is better than paying someone to fix your carpet? Tacky glue and a knitting needle!!!
You are a genius.