Tuesday, March 10, 2009

What I do when I should be packing...

A housewarming gift for my bed...
burgundy ...
and greens...
purples...
and oranges...
and toasted marshmallow creams.... each an amazingly soft flannel...
While sorting through my quilting stash...I mean packing..... and trying to arrange things for moving, I came across this flannel quilt kit that I purchased in Colorado Springs. We left Colorado in 2004 and this little gem has been patiently laying in wait. I pulled the fabrics out of the bag and just sat cuddling their softness. I decided the fabrics could be moved to Wisconsin as a kit or a top... I decided on the later and now all that's left to finish are the borders. As both the top and backing will be flannel I have chosen to have it finished with machine quilting. Hopefully within the week I can pack up the top and backing and send it on it's merry way to the quilter while I go back to exploring my stash...I mean packing.

10 comments:

Carol said...

Oh how very fun! Packing, sewing? I think you made the right choice! LOL!

Carolien said...

Your top looks so beautiful! Good luck with your stash ... I mean packing :)

Greetings, Carolien

Milah said...

I'm glad you have your priorities straight.;D

Enjoy your packing!

BUMBLE BEANS said...

What a delightful SIDETRACK! ha! it's gorgeous Christine. The flannel looks so snugglie...

Mal* said...

I am SO creative and productive when I am avoiding something emotional, and I find packing to be really emotional. Who could blame for sewing with such a beautiful alternative! I'm so glad you shared...

Terry said...

What beautiful colors! I can almost feel how soft it must be! Have fun exploring...I mean packing! :0)

Catherine said...

What a great idea -- a brand new quilt for your new home! Who could possibly resist? Much more fun than packing! :-)

Nadine said...

I just KNEW you must be busy sewing... I mean packing !
But who could ever resist such gorgeous flannels ? And anyway, packing a new quilt is waaay easier than a pile of fabrics ! I know you did that to make a dent into your stash, and I wish you good luck with piecing the rest... I mean packing. ;>) HeeHee !

XOXOXOXOXOXOXOOXO
BBH & smiles to you, dear !

Judy said...

I've always struggled to describe that color creme and "toasted marshmallow" is the perfect wording!
It looks fabulous!

Leslie said...

I agree with Judy, *toasted marshmellow* sounds so much yummier than *ecru*.
I love your photography. Do you use flash or a tripod?