Saturday, April 11, 2009

I've told my husband that I'm cheating....

and he thinks it's a good idea!
It's not everyday that I get a chance to spend a few hours with Marti and with a date next week I thought I should put a little something together....
I should probably mention that there will be at least a dozen or so other women fighting for Marti's attention and I want to get as much as I can out of the short time we will have together. Now that I have found the camera cable I can give you a peek into a little corner of the loft that I call mine. Of course I unpacked all the fun stuff first... quilts, a chair to stitch in, sewing baskets, Ott light.
I admit it...I am weak and had to spend a few moments this morning while the light was just right to work on the class project for the class I am signed up for. Maybe by the time I get back from my trip to Chicago next week my family will have unpacked the rest of the house for me while I was away....please?! There's always HOPE!

12 comments:

Milah said...

That looks like a perfect place to quilt. I'd certainly be happy there. I will keep my fingers crossed that the unpacking will be complete when you return. Have fun in Chicago.

miniaturequilter said...

Beautiful sewing space with alot of natural light, hope your unpacking goes quickly so you can get right back to quilting!

silversewer said...

What a lovely space, and room for a floor quilting frame, I hace a nice new sewing room, just not enough room for a floor frame though, will have to continue using my hand held frame.

Hpe you soon settle in to your new home.

Linda said...

Wonderful sewing space Christine, and all that lovely natural light. It looks so inviting. Hope your boxes end up empty by the time you get back from your trip.

Carol said...

What a wonderful, wonderful sewing spot...all that beautiful light. Have tons of fun in Chicago.

Nadine said...

WAOW ! Such a lovely place, lovely projects for the coming days AND locely lone star quilt hanging there !
Hmmmmm, you're going to have such wonderful moments out there with Marti Mitchell, in Chicago, and then when returning in your beautiful home !
So happy for you, dear ;>)
BBH XOXOXOXOXOXOXO
NADINE

Kritta22 said...

Good luck with the family unpacking!!

I'm so jealous of your loft! It's so wonderful and airy! You are so lucky!!

I hope you have a great time cheating on your hubby! LOL

Carolien said...

Well, that would be a nice surprise! I hope you will have a nice time at your class.

Happy Easter & bye, Carolien

Catherine said...

What an absolutely perfect space in which to create!! Lots of lovely natural light and so open!! Hope your class is great and that you come home to find everything magically unpacked and put away.

Christine said...

Love, love, love, love, LOVE your new home! Good luck settling in.

Marilyn R said...

Okay, there may be a little envy going on here. I love your sewing space and would love to be able to look out a window from time to time. My sewing area is in the basement boo hoo! Enjoy your new space! How was your class?

XUE said...

Your creative loft is heavenly!!! Not to mention yr work too! Greetings from Tokyo!