Sunday, June 7, 2009

one link leads to the next...and a little bit more

One of my favorite quilters has a website, but no blog... and while popping over to see what's new in her little corner of the world, I noticed on the bottom of her web page the mention of one of her quilts in an upcoming quilt magazine. A quick trip to town to search for a copy of the magazine and a raid on some fabrics Sarah and I found at the quilt show last summer ...
One child away to the symphony and another lost in an old war movie....who can resist trying a block or two from the pattern in the magazine.
I'd love to find a blue and cheddar repro for the border, but I am trying to use up and make do with what I have. A LITTLE BIT MORE: The miniature Chimney Sweep block shown above was machine pieced by me using the pattern by Ann Hermes that appears in the August/September 2009 of Quilt magazine. Using the fabrics from my stash I was able to reproduce a block very similar to the one shown in the magazine. The fabrics I used for the block were from Judie Rothermel's Lancaster County III collection.

8 comments:

Linda said...

Those a beautiful blocks Christine, and such sweet fabrics you've chosen for them.

BUMBLE BEANS said...

Very country! looks just like hers!

miniaturequilter said...

Gorgeous fabrics and the block looks so much like the magazines blocks!

Meredith said...

I like the colors you chose to use. I just went fabric shopping and now going forward I plan to use what I have.

Judy said...

You should be able to find something very similar in some newer fabric groups...

1. Go to Z&S fabrics, under Andover, then Keystone group. There are a few in that group.

2. the best one is a long link and I'll email it to you, from Windham's Colonies Cheddar and Poison Green collection.

Karen said...

Very pretty! I love the fabric.

Pumpkin Patch Quilter said...

WOW! I love this block - and oh my gosh you matched it perfectly! The blue is different though, and I actually like yours better! LOL* Great job! :)

Anonymous said...

What a lovely block and wow! how well it matches the magazine block, you've done a great job,
Sue...