Wednesday, July 15, 2009

the ides of july

Another part of the stitching for Christmas gifts, but not a Christmas stitchery. Does that make sense? Can't show the entire piece because that would just ruin the surprise.
I have become horribly addicted to making these knitted cloths from Messy Karen and I absolutely blame Lindsey for hooking me. I promise it takes NO time to whip these up. They finish at 4" x 5" and are cute tied with a bar of special soap.
I can't resist this Blackbird Design pincushion I just need to figure out who I can stitch it for as a Christmas gift so I can keep my word to work only on Christmas gifts after the 1st of July. Do you need a pincushion?
This stitching is one strand over one thread... not to be confused with my two strand over two threads project. I can't work them on the same day or my eyes go loopy.
Some day I may crochet something other than these crocheted bandages....maybe...if I can find the time to learn a new stitch! It doesn't help that I visit this blog and find myself green with envy. Maybe making that afghan will be on my New Year's resolution list.

15 comments:

Lindsey said...

I know, I know!!!! They're so much fun...I made 2 today!

animal lover, quilt lover said...

You do everything don't you? It is all I can do to find time to quilt. But I just have to quilt, if you know what I mean?

Anonymous said...

I could definitely use a new pincushion! I love that design.

I'm glad you are keeping with the resolution. I need to get started on Christmas ornaments soon. Have a blissful day!

Lisa P in SW Ohio

Pat said...

You can never have toooo many pincushions!!!

Catherine said...

Everything you're doing looks so fabulous! And I think everyone can always use another pincushion! Especially a pretty one like that!

Christine said...

I like the way your mind works. I'd love the pincushion if you insist. lol

I'd never heard of the cause for bandages before. Very interesting.

Marilyn R said...

Thanks for the links for the knitted cloths. I am going to have to give those a try. I used to do counted cross stitch too, but oh my, one strand over one thread! I don't think I want to attempt that! You are brave and talented!

Miri said...

Ooh, someone (or someones) is getting some wonderful cross stitch Christmas presents!

Tora: said...

First time visitor here and I'm in love with your blog - I've added you to my "List of Favorites" and will visit often.

BTW, the turtles on the right are adorable!!! I'll be back...

The Rabbit Factory said...

I have never cross stitched but now I am off for a class hopefully on Friday. I want to make a sampler and I love just the looks of yours.

miniaturequilter said...

I can't cross-stitch, my eyes see double! I do a little of knitting, your washclothes and pincushions are gorgeous. Good you have started early, you will have beautiful gifts made for everyone in your family!! I usually get 2 or 3 things made and that is all I get done (too much procrastination)
Great start!

Julia said...

I agree, that pincushion is really lovely:0)

Mrs Quilty said...

Your stitchery is beautiful!!! Although I love crocheting and knitting, I have been totally occupied lately with sewing and quilting and Embroidery! It comes in spurts but I always have something to do that I love!!!

Kathie said...

one can never have enough pin cushions!
I just love these samplers but the eyes are just not what they used to be
I have tried cross stitching again since I started wearing bifocals I struggle enough with hand quilting and usually take the glasses off so I can see!
Kathie

Solstitches said...

There is nothing that the Blackbird ladies Barb and Alma do that I do not love.
I have the book with that pincushion and think it is beautiful.
I think whoever you make it for will be very lucky indeed.

Margaret