Sunday, July 5, 2009

keeping a new year's promise

Each year with good intentions, I make a list of handmade gifts that
I plan on finishing in time to put under the tree on Christmas morning. Last Christmas found me closer to finishing my gifts than I have been in the past and when Christmas morning arrived all that was left to finish was one sock. On New Year's Day I made a promise to myself that on July 1st I would lay aside whatever quilt or stitching I was working on and begin working on Christmas gifts. Today the calendar reads July 5th....promise kept.

3 comments:

animal lover, quilt lover said...

I am proud of you!! I don't always keep my promises to myself. Good for you!!

linda said...

You go girl!!

G.L.H. said...

I'm starting next week, as we just got back from vacation. Good for you, sticking to your date!

--Barbara