Friday, August 14, 2009

fortune cookie wisdom and a chance...

I have just finished reading the book "The Time Traveler's Wife" and I am looking forward to seeing the movie as today is the opening day in theaters...
so I thought I would offer the book up to you if you are interested in reading it....
so keeping with the spirit of lucky numbers on the back of this particular fortune... I will mail the book to the person who guesses or comes closest to the last number that is hidden after the fold.... Leave your lucky number guess by Sunday morning and I will let you know who the winner is and send the book off to you in the mail Monday afternoon. The fewer people who leave a guess.....the better your chances of winning ....so don't tell your friends! Your chance to play has ended... all guesses before my closing comment were considered.

23 comments:

Sharon said...

I'll guess 23.

Anonymous said...

Could l guess number 43 as l think the book will be better than the film,
love Sue...

Leslie said...

I'll guess six, single digit, just to be different.

Roxie said...

I'll guess 60.

Roxie

Anonymous said...

My guess is one (1).

Heather

A Prairie Home said...

I was going to check that book out from the library the other day but there's a waiting list. I'll guess 25.

~Erin

Sheila said...

45..my current age :)

Nadine said...

I'll guess 40 (crossing my fingers and toes... but NOT my eyes!) ;>)
XOXOXOXOXOXOXO
NADINE
BBH

LyndaG said...

My guess - 11

Maria said...

last number 7. Running to buy the book and see the film

Milah said...

I'm guessing 12.

animal lover, quilt lover said...

Hi Christine,
I just came by to say hay, but I will play. 56.
What did you think of my last email?
Hugs Fern

Deb said...

I think it is 32
Deb

~Bren~ said...

ummmmmm. I'll guess 8

Jean M. said...

I would guess 13.... :)The book looks great and I did hear about the move and I will be seeing it.... :)

Barb said...

I would love to read the book--I will guess 53!

Betty L said...

I'll guess 66.

G.L.H. said...

I'll take 44.

--Barbara

Joyce said...

My guess is 5 (five)

Solstitches said...

I'm going for 60.
Enjoy the movie.

Margaret

christine said...

thank you for all of your guesses...I will be posting the winner shortly.

Have a great weekend!

simply,
christine

Sheila said...

What a fun way to draw. I choose 29! Another Sheila

linda said...

I've wanted to read this book for a long time. I finally purchased it at half price books. I saw that the movie was being released soon, so I wanted to read the book before I saw the movie. Almost finished! Was the movie good?