Saturday, August 8, 2009

perhaps since this IS a quilting blog.....

...I really ought to show something quilty. So, I share this quilt from the 100th issue of American Patchwork and Quilting... I've been nudged by a friend that it might be a fun quilt to work on.
I sent my hubby into town bright and early this morning to find my own copy....because somewhere in the back of my mind I thought I might have the perfect background fabric buried deep in my stash...
Not sure that I will follow through with making this quilt, but may toy with a block or two and see where it leads me.
40 hours spent at the ice rink for hockey camp left little time for stitching this week...
Up before the rooster this morning and I made a bit of progress, wish I could share the entire project but that will have to wait...
Meet my new friend....a vintage turtle cloth tape measure..... my latest find on Ebay. My apologies to the bidder that I stole him away from, but I just couldn't let you win him for $14.99. I'm sure that you must feel horrible for bidding the price up so quickly in the last 5 minutes of bidding...apology accepted. I don't doubt that the seller would love to thank you for trying to outbid me. Better luck next time!

12 comments:

Suzanne said...

What a great find on Ebay--good for you!

Nadine said...

Cuuuute turtle (LOVE the words on it, too ;>) , and wonderful embroidery of yours, dear!
You're my heroe !
XOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXO
NADINE

Solstitches said...

That certainly is a gorgeous quilt block.
The turtle is a wonderful eBay find.
I recently stitched the BD design you are working on. It is a lovely piece and fun to put together.

Margaret

miniaturequilter said...

THe turtle is so cute, great purchase! The quilt will be gorgeous!

BUMBLE BEANS said...

ooh, I twittered that quilt, it is a true beauty,and great inspiration. are you gonna make one? go for it!!

*karendianne. said...

Oh my, I love that turtle. A real treasure. By the way, that quilt pattern was calling me, too!!!

beth said...

LOVE your little turtle...how cute.

Marilyn R said...

I just love that little turtle! What a treasure!

Kathie said...

love the turtle good for you getting it!!!!
oh boy love that quilt in the AP and Q not sure I am up for it though....but you never know!!!!
I may be persuaded , great pink you have
I guess I would have to go shopping!!!!!

Melvin said...

I have been in search of such interesting Articles, I am on a holiday its good to see that everyone are trying their best to keep up the Spirit by having such great articles posted.

Cheers, Keep it up.


___________________
Melvin
We do your Marketing for best sales

catsmum said...

I think that wee turtle really DOES need to live with you ... very sweet

Judy said...

Ah that Melvin..

I love buying on ebay. It's funny the people who wait until 10 seconds until the end and then try to slide in a win something. If I want it, I'll pay for it, and I'm not shy with the clicker.

I've been getting the best vintage pillowcases and top sheets in lovely crisp 50/50 cotton/poly. Sweet mod colors from the 60's and lovely flowers! I'll have to check out the vintage sewing items!