Monday, August 10, 2009

quilting and a chemistry lesson

catching up with July from the 1999 block of the month quilt that I am working on....
and was making great progress...until my son brought up a science book and wanted to discuss the periodic table.....I am so looking forward to this next year of him studying here at home...
I had him leave the book on my cutting table so that I could read ahead... just as soon as I finish the two blocks for July.
Another quilt from a magazine that I've thought about working on... just might be what I need to keep me busy these next couple of weeks. The quilt was shown in the January/February 2006 Fons & Porter Love of Quilting Magazine and the pattern can still be purchased through their site. Precut kits can be found at John Flynn's shop. With a new children's bedtime routine in place for the upcoming school year... I may be able to get the first block finished this week.

5 comments:

Marilyn R said...

I have always admired that Fons & Porter quilt. Is it called Pine Burr? Just wondering. Chemistry would not be a subject that I would enjoy teaching. No envy here!

animal lover, quilt lover said...

Hay Sweety,
Bless your heart! Thank-you for your visit to my blog. I love it when you come to visit! Thank-you for your kind words! Your are very special. Do you have all kinds of things wrong with you?
Hugs Fern

Kathie said...

oh I love the quilt, I may need to track down this issue
what is on the cover of it? I could just draft this block and make the quilt my own
although I would love to see the whole quilt !
this would be great for me I could use my fabric collection for this quilt!
scrappy too!
thanks!!!! looks like you just added another quilt to my ever growing list of quilts to make!

Leslie said...

I know just the issue and just the pattern, have eyed it too. But each time, I talk myself out of it and tell myself it's the color combination that's calling me. But Pine Burr is a timeless classic, in any color scheme.

Melvin said...

Hello People, I was on a holiday for a month just passing by read this interesting post its great to see that every thing here is getting more lively...thanks a lot for these keep them coming....

___________________
Melvin
One Stop shop for all your Email Marketing Solutions