Tuesday, October 6, 2009

problem solved

A couple of weeks ago, I told my husband that a blogger was looking for a new home for some of her chickens and she said I could have them.....he said,"Great! There' s only one little problem...we don't have a chicken coop for them!"
Problem solved... Do you realize that you can buy absolutely anything you can dream of on the internet and they will bring it right to your door? AMAZING! Ok, so it was the end of the driveway...but that's close enough.
The only thing that was not included were the two smiling Amish guys shown in the photos putting the chicken coop together.
The child inside the coop was full of smiles... the guy with the ball cap...not so many.
The only thing waiting to be finished is the ramp for the chickens to get in and out of the little door, a coat of paint or two and the little flower window box. And my end of the deal....driving 5 hours one way to pick up the chickens.....I'm starting to wonder... exactly how much noise will these chickens make on the way to their new house ...and how long will my Jeep smell like chicken sh@t?!

17 comments:

Christine said...

ROTFL! We could try making diapers for them! They are going to LOVE their new digs! I need one of those for JB.

Jean M. said...

What a great job your husband did in building a Chicken Coop... Looks like your son had a hand in it as well.... Well, enjoy the fresh eggs... There is nothing like it... enjoy :)

52 Days In The Garden said...

For seven years we raised chickens and loved them! Our garden was especially happy and produced mamoth veggies. And the eggs, believeably perfect.
Have fun!...our chicken coop didn't go up as quickly. This is a very long story of power outages, one Dad and four boys. Such is rural life sometimes.
Michelle

Carolyn said...

You are a brave, brave woman...5 hours in the car with chickens? I'm so impressed!

Cathi said...

I'm thinking you might be real glad to get home from that trip!! What fun having chickens -- and all those fresh eggs!

Milah said...

Cute coop!

A five hour ride with chickens.....I can't wait for you to blog about that!

Miri said...

Adorable chicken coop...never knew chickens to live in such stylish digs!

Jackie said...

I think the guys were smiling a bit more as they think about you driving home with a Jeep full of chickens! LOL!

animal lover, quilt lover said...

O Boy did you get yourself a job!!!! Chickens in that coop is going to be a very big job!! It is a pretty coop, but not practical.
It is going to be real hard to clean... I wish you all the luck in the world my dear!!!!! I really do!!
Good luck and enjoy your fresh eggs. Love you, Fern
PS, I was not trying to hurt your fellings.

Judy said...

re: how easy it is to clean....I think little boys should be good for doing some coop cleaning!

Oh yes they have all sorts of coops online! Hubby has done tons of research and even found some portable plastic ones that you can move around the yard of rollers so they always have fresh grass to graze! Some of the pictures are just hilarious! Good luck with the drive back!

Sharon said...

Where did you buy your coop from? I just bought a house and previous owners had 5 chickens. I need a coop so I can get chickens. How fun!
Good luck with the drive ;-)

Serena said...

HAHAHAHA This gave me the best laugh this morning!!! I love your new addition, or should I say additions! hehehe

Teresa aka MarieSews said...

Hey, forget the chickens...I'll take the coop! Great place to hideout from the madhouse around here. Good luck with picking up the chickens!

Elizabethd said...

What a very elegant chicken house that is. I hope they appreciate it!

Karen Anne said...

Are we going to see photos of the chickens at their new home?

animal lover, quilt lover said...

Hi girl,
How you doing? You have had your chicks a week and 2 days. How do you like it??
I put a picture of a fantastic quilt on my blog that I really want you to see. It will be worth your time, really!!! THe post is called Our house and angel quilt.
Come and see!!! Fern

Chookyblue...... said...

what a flash chook house..........compared to my basic tin open shed.........looks great though.........I am sure you will love the chooks.............