Wednesday, May 26, 2010

the filling of days....

have been trying to adjust to having both children in school since
February....and I have to say that the next 6 school days can't go by
quick enough.... I am SO looking forward to having the three of
us back together...I hope the summer just DRAGS!


to keep my mind busy and my heart distracted I have thrown myself
completly into everything crochet....
this sweetie will eventually be used on my bed...
made of Noro sock yarn it's growing ever so slowly but it makes my
heart go pitter-patter...


and when I found this gem in a Japanese crochet book
my heart skipped a beat....completely smitten!

my children are in swim lessons for four weeks starting
in a couple of weeks...the first row is completed 
and if I keep my eye on the prize.
I may have a blanket by the 4th of July...
fingers crossed for sunny days and the pool to stay open.

9 comments:

Jackie said...

The crochet looks wonderful! I predict you're going to have a fantastic summer!

CHILDHOOD MAGIC said...

Beautiful crochet--- and how wonderful that soon you and your kids will have the months of summer to be together. yay!

Sheila said...

I was worried about your absence....glad to hear you are ready for summer vacation.....the kids are all heading out on our pontoon right now....our household is in constant motion in the summer.....24 hours a day (not an exaggeration). :)
I just started a crochet baby sweater pattern....but I am not sure if I am doing it correctly.
Enjoy your day!

Cathi said...

I hope you have a long wonderful summer full of joy with your children!
Your crocheting is looking fabulous.

Nadine said...

Ooooh, I'm SO GLAD reading your post again, sweet friend !
Looks like you find just the right thing with crochet ! Your blanket is looking so gorgeous with those yummy colors, which pattern did you use ? Can you show it completely ? ;>)
Hmmmm..... and that Japanese pattern is a cutie, too!
I'm sure those days will pass very quickly until the summer vacations, and THEN you'll have the most wonderful and longest summer ever, with your wonderful kids ! That's all I wish you !
Sending a BB (((HUG))) and heartful thoughts !
XOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXO
NADINE

Leslie said...

We always enjoyed summer vacation too. No complaining of too much time together with kids 'underfoot' at our house. Swim lessons are a great outing for everyone, Mom too!

Jennifer said...

So beautiful!

Cadi said...

Thank you for your votes. ;-)

I'm a knitter. I admire granny square blankies. The Japanese version looks gorgeous.

Can't wait to see it!

I will follow your blog.

Blessings,
Cadi

Cadi said...

Gasp. Thank you!

My e-mail is chocolatelilies [at] gmail [dot] com

Wow.

Gulp.

I feel so blessed!