Saturday, June 19, 2010

pot roast and pie

i don't worry much about the crust on the bottom being perfect ...


... a little cream around the edges and thick fluting...no one will notice....


...my sweet little pie bird, you make me smile....


...pie by hand...
I've always used lard and cream to make the crust.
thank goodness we have berries in the fridge....
this pie was eaten for breakfast by my littles....
so good to have you home!


and now on to the pot roast....up until two weeks ago I had never
made a pot roast...Two pot roasts later, we are completely smitten
with this recipe from The Pioneer Woman....
and the potatoes are to die for...absolutley nothing compares!!!

Sundays will never be the same in our home again...

4 comments:

silversewer said...

I'll have a piece of this pie please, it looks yummy.

Carol said...

YUM! YUM! YUM! I'm on my way!

Katy~The Country Blossom said...

The pie AND the roast look absolutely delicious! :)

Kara said...

Pot Roast and a hearty side dish is my favorite type of meal. When making pot roasts for dinner, I would recommend trying grass fed Black Angus beef. It is absolutely delicious and a healthier option. I work with La Cense Beef and because our beef is 100% grass fed it is higher in omega 3 acids and lower in calorie and fat as opposed to traditional grain fed beef. Try grass fed Black Angus Beef and you will be able to taste an even bigger