Thursday, September 16, 2010

my name is christine and I am a penny pincher....

The people at Downy and Snuggle don't want you
to know this... but I can save you money by using
LESS of their products... here's how...

start with one cup of liquid fabric softener and
mix it with two cups of water in a jar with
a lid and shake well.

fill spray bottle and grab a new clean sponge
Load clothes into dryer and spray each side
of the dry sponge FIVE times.  Toss sponge into
dryer and run dryer.  Depending on the size of
the load of laundry, you may need to SLIGHTY
increase or decrease by a spray or two.

If after many loads of clothes the sponge starts to become
shrived and begins to bend....run under warm
water and squeeze out excess water.  The sponge
is ready to be used again. 

Now if I could just find a way to water down gasoline!

5 comments:

emerson-j said...

nothin wrong with penny pinching this day and age...im the same!! ;)

Leslie said...

You can do something similar with hair conditioner. Put a small amount in a spray bottle, add water half way, spray on wet hair, comb through. Works great, doubles as a de-tangler!

Marilyn Robertson said...

Great idea! I usually use less laundry soap and fabric softener then the manufacturers call for as it seems to work fine. Now another way to stretch the dollar! :)

Quiltdoodles said...

I love this idea. With my particular Whirlpool model I was told not to use fabric softner in this washing machine. I will try this. Thanks. :)
I also find it a joy to stretch the dollar.

Laura of Harvest Lane said...

I am so doing this.