Tuesday, June 21, 2011

so I've been....

knitting, knitting, knitting!!!!  Early this spring I took on a bit of contract knitting and have been doing lots of sock knitting.  This week I needed a break from working with thin sock needles and I picked up a bit of cotton and much larger needles to work on this towel.  The work is flying off the needles and I should have a new towel to dry the dishes with tonight.



I am almost ready to put the knitting away and switch over to crochet. Each of the last two summers I've worked on crochet projects and it seems to have become a bit of the rythm of the seasons.  It just doesn't feel "right" to crochet unless the days are hot and humid. And sock knitting in the summer....what's the point? These little squares are stitched up and will be joined to a backing to make a cushion. 


The children asked for an additional coop so that they could separate out the broody hen and have a coop to raise the chicks in.  Working together they completly assembled this little coop one their own.  A week later the eggs hatched and we've added four chicks to the excitement of our days.


I've spent hours working in my garden this spring.  I have a couple of special projects in the garden this year.   I'll share more about those later this summer.  I'm crossing my fingers that they are a success.  As of 7:00 pm last night I declared the garden officially weed free...who am I kidding...I'm sure that by the time I got to the other end that weeds were already sprouting.  It's a love hate relationship but all the hard work is quickly forgotten when sitting down to a homegrown salad.


The only thing missing are the tomatoes!

3 comments:

Sheila said...

Christine,
So good to hear from you!!!
I know you have been busy...but honestly...I was getting a little worried. :)

Nadine said...

Me too ! And I'm so happy, reading your post today ;>)
XOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOX
NADINE

Marilyn Robertson said...

I'm catching up on mt blog reading today and I was so happy to see your post! I have been knitting some dish cloths but I have never thought about knitting a towel for drying. Hmmmm Are you using cotton yarn? Head over to my blog as I a giveaway going on right now. It was fun seeing why you have been up to lately!