Thursday, November 14, 2013

I'm going away....

to a short quilt retreat and I'm putting together a list of things that I need to remember to bring. I'm still trying to decide whether I will bring a hand or machine project, but either one is already pre-cut so I won't have to drag mats, cutter, or rulers. 

So far the things I have on my list that I know I've forgotten on other trips are...Ott light, thread, needles....

What do you take with you when you leave home to quilt/sew?

A quilt from the Galena quilt show last weekend. It's the only photo I took. I'm on the hunt for the perfect green, and a white, and the pattern. 

5 comments:

Design Originals by KC said...

Love that you are getting to go to a quilt retreat.. and equally fun that you feel comfortable amongst the buzz of other sewing machines to hand piece or hand quilt! I would do the hand stuff so I didn;t have to drag the machine though... and it is fun! Love the quilt you are hunting down the pattern for.. busy but white enough to be attractive and restful still.. would love to make one with retro light green! Yummy! Thanks for sharing and have fun! Kathi
P>S> If you need help deleting spam let me know :)

Samplings from Spring Creek said...

Hmm Sometimes when I meet with stitching friends I feel like I take the entire house and need a semi to transport my "stuff."

Is that Jo Morton fabric in your header?

Carolien said...

Have a great time!

Betty said...

At my September 3 day retreat, I took both sewing machine, (once you get it from the car to table top, no big deal), and hand work (EPP 1 inch hexies), so I could choose one or the other and got a lot done.

Extension cords (my friends husband didn't load her machines plug in cord - yikes - she borrowed another machine from the hosting quilt shop. You do take almost all of your quilting supplies, but the fun, food and laughter with friends makes the weekend. Have a great time.

Leslie said...

I always bring two small pillows, one for behind my back and one to sit on. The chairs are usually to low to reach the machine comfortably. In addition to all the usual supplies, I really like to bring my Ott light and a thread catcher. Sewing with others is so fun it's worth the packing!