Thursday, March 6, 2014

Winning the War on Procrastination...

One Stitch at a Time!


Back in December I attended the "most laid back, best food ever, sign me up again!" quilt retreat.  And on the last day, as my new friends and I were packing up our sewing things and preparing to say good-bye, we thought it would be a great idea to make a quilt at the spring retreat that would be auctioned off for a local event next fall.  The assignment was easy.  All we have to do is return in April with a 12" finished quilt block using blue and or green fabric and cream as the background fabric.  Fast forward to today.  Gosh!  With a good 16" of snow STILL on the ground April seems so far away.  Except when I looked at the calendar today it hit me that I leave for quilt retreat four weeks from today. So I've picked up my needle and thread and one of my very favorite blue fabrics (that I only use for special things and I cry when I use it because when I do it will soon be gone) and for at least the next few days I'll be waging my own little stitchy war on procrastination.

3 comments:

Design Originals by KC said...

Loving this block you are putting together... would love to see the quilt top you have been working on too if you can share update pics. Enjoy your quilting... keep on blogging and have fun at your retreat! Kathi

Sheila said...

That looks like an awful lot of work....but it is going to be beautiful!

NADINE said...

Indeed, that blue fabric is gorgeous, and your block promises to be just beautiful!
You go, go, I'm sure you'll be ready on time :))
XOXOXO
Nadine