Wednesday, April 9, 2014

Pushing my quilty envelope...

 
One of the things I missed most when I took leave from quilting was the swaps!  When I saw Lori at Humble Quilts post her upcoming doll swap I joined up right away.  I came across this photo of a vintage quilt that is or at one time was for sale and decided that I wanted to replicate it. The only information I had about the original quilt was that it was about 19" square.  I started with a plan to make the 9 patch blocks finish at 3"  The other elements were guestimates...
 
 
 
And this is the quilt that I managed to piece... 
 
 
I'm excited about getting it basted and quilted before I leave on Friday.  If things go smoothly I may even be able to get the binding and label finished and make the post office before they close.  I hope my swap partner likes it!

4 comments:

Lori said...

It is compltely adorable!!

Samplings from Spring Creek said...

Stunning replica--your swap person will love it

Cathy said...

Oh Christine I love love love the quilt. I love how you quilted it. It is going to make such a wonderful addition to my collection. Thanks so much. Sorry I didn't get to right away...my granddaughter broke her arm and we had to go to UP to help out. Again thanks so much I love it. Hugs,

Dawn said...

It is beautiful! Great fabrics.