Tuesday, July 14, 2015

garden 2015

These photos are now two weeks old and we've had so much rain and warm weather that the
plants have nearly doubled in size.  I was so late getting my garden in this year but I think it might give us a bit of food yet.  If not, we have a great little farmer's market in town and I love stopping each week for vegetables that I don't grow in my garden.
 
 
We had a bad thunderstorm with heavy wind and rain on Sunday night.  When I went up to the garden to check for damage I found my corn, pepper and bean plants laid out flat.  I think I'll be able to recover them but a few cool dry days would certainly help.

 

 
I'm heading out to finish putting in the supports for the pole beans.  I struggle each year trying to keep them from becoming a tangled mess. I'm thinking shorter rows this year might make a difference.  We'll see...

3 comments:

Bren said...

I slept through that storm, and my garden looks ok, but I have sticks and small branches all over my backyard. We needed the rain!

Hotmail helpline said...

Nice picture!

Yvonne said...

Your garden looks great! It must be such pleasure to walk into your garden to pick the vegatables for dinner. Love your bike!